Dan Crenshaw Shares Personal Story About His Mother to Show Why Medicare for All is a HORRIBLE Idea
I know Medicare for All isn't what's hot right now. Most of our attention is understandably on riots, social distancing, and all the ways the left su-diddly-ucks today (see THESE STUDENTS GOT ARRESTED FOR WRITING OUTSIDE OF A PLANNED PARENTHOOD...IN CHALK and RIOTS BY THE NUMBERS: POLICE CASUALTIES, PEOPLE KILLED DURING 'PEACEFUL PROTESTS'). But it's still the crown jewel in the leftist agenda, and what's at risk if they take full control of the country. We need to keep our eyes on the endgame. Or eye in the singular in the case of Rep. Dan Crenshaw. He wants people to remember just how horrible the idea of socialized medicine is, and has a personal reason why.
Medical innovation is personal to me. Here's why. youtu.be
Proposals like Medicare for All and price controls kill innovation and incentives to invest in R&D. No one disputes this, actually. So why is innovation personal for me? Susan Carol Crenshaw — my mother — lost her battle with cancer when I was 10 years old. Before she died, she was Patient #1 for a new treatment called Taxotere. Now Taxotere is one of the most successful breast cancer treatments available, thanks to the invaluable research following my mom's trial.
Medical innovation saves lives.
Honestly, I would like to see the right use stories like this more. The personalization and appeal (or abuse) towards people's emotions is how the left is sometimes more successful in getting their message out. Especially when it comes to socialized health care. Read any book about healthcare policy from a liberal politician and it's almost literally paragraph, paragraph, sob story. Conservatives tend to just spout statistics and throw the world socialism around a lot.
I'm willing to make the unfortunate wager that many of you have a family member who has been affected by cancer, if not yourself personally. All of whom are on a hopefully successful treatment because of test and trials that Mrs. Crenshaw were a part of. That treatment wouldn't be available without the innovation. Also, depending on your age, any treatment may not be available to you if the left gets to control who gets what medicine and when. Crenshaw making it personal helps get that point across, because many of us all have similar stories.
There are more pressing issues in the news today and I get that. But there are some big ideas that we're always at risk of having leftists push on us if we aren't careful. Socialized medicine is at the top of the list.
Dan Crenshaw SERVES Bill Maher | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Dan Crenshaw Highlights Democrats' Support of Open Borders ... ›
- WATCH: Dan Crenshaw NAILS Google for Bias Against Conservatives ›
- WATCH: Dan Crenshaw Explains Why #CancelStudentDebt is ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Sheds Light on AOC's 'Immigrants Drink Toilet Water ... ›
- WATCH: Dan Crenshaw Exposes the TRUTH About #Fightfor15 ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw: Believe Dems When They Support Violent Mobs ... ›
- WATCH: Dan Crenshaw DESTROYS NYT Writer Over 9/11 Bill ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Embarrasses Nancy Pelosi After her Latest Dumb ... ›
- WATCH: Dan Crenshaw Explains His Red Flag Laws Stance One ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Teaches AOC a Lesson About the Electoral College ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Challenged Biden's Sudden Concern About Riots - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Defines Antifa in 40 Seconds - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Response to a Recent Bernie Sanders Video - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Released an Action Adventure-Themed Ad - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw: 'What We Have to Fear if Dems Take Control' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Criticizes Nancy Pelosi Over COVID Relief - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw DIDN'T Make Fun of AOC's 'Working-Class Roots' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Drops Another Cinematic Action Adventure to Support the Georgia Runoffs - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dan Crenshaw Exposes Biden's Climate Agenda in Five Minutes - Louder With Crowder ›