Some in Sports Media Blame Clay Travis for the Capitol Riots
What happened at the U.S. Capitol yesterday was an embarrassing disgrace. Dare I say, deplorable. It also proved to be pointless. Joe Biden has been certified as president-elect. Donald Trump has "conceded" the election, or at least said there will be a peaceful transfer of power. There's not much more I have to say about it than that. Other there, there may be an unfiltered version of this post somewhere on this site. Less Facebook friendly, more Facebook alternative friendly. See if you can parley those clues into where to find it.
I know there are more serious issues being discussed by more serious people. But these tweets from sports reporters caught my attention. Plus, politically I align myself with Clay Travis. We both love boobs and the First Amendment.
Travis, as someone who voted for Donald Trump, spoke out about what happened. He also attempted to explain how he felt we got here.
I voted for Trump. He lost. Well past time to move on. Violence is never the answer, no matter your politics. Will discuss on @outkick live in a half hour.
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) January 6, 2021
"We're being sliced and diced up into all these different identities and groups and they're being pitted against each other. And this is where social media has added the kerosene to what was already a big fire." -@ClayTravispic.twitter.com/agztJv8ywn
— OutKick (@Outkick) January 7, 2021
Rational. Well thought out. Concise. Also, according to some of Travis' sports colleagues, everything that happened on Wednesday was his fault.
Hey @ClayTravis your words and behavior helped enable the bullshit of today.
Glad to see this minor concession from you but you should be much more accountable than this! https://t.co/5p6JqMbNk5
— George Karl (@CoachKarl22) January 7, 2021
I assume this means an end to calling people “coronabros," attacking media members and athletes for being “woke," criticizing sports networks for being too political and sucking up to politicians https://t.co/DkhaCneB9V
— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) January 7, 2021
That was fast. We've seen similar things happen before. Anytime anything happens that can remotely be tied to "our side," everyone on the right is to blame. Every snarky tweet. Every criticism on a podcast. It's why so many on the right who disagreed with/flat out hated Trump didn't speak up. They knew they'd be blamed/attacked anyway. John Kasich spoke out. The result was AOC saying he couldn't sit with them.
Yesterday, it started with blame Donald Trump. Then it went to blame Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley. Then, anyone who raised what they felt were legitimate concerns on the ballot count. Now? A sports reporter who disagrees with the media narrative on the coronavirus and anyone who disagrees with wokeness. It's been less than 24 hours. The message appears to be if you disagree with the left about anything, you are to blame for everything. So just shut up about everything.
This is something I believe we need to watch out for and push back on when needed. Especially now that Democrats have full control of the government and both Big Tech and the media are...you know.
CRAZIEST Moments with Crowder's Field Correspondent! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast?Fix that! It's completely free.
- Donald Trump, Brett Favre: Keep Politics Out of Sports! - Louder ... ›
- Top 5 Reactions to Nike's Colin Kaepernick Ads - Louder With ... ›
- This Woman Won $20k for Embarrassing CNN, Yelling 'Boobs ... ›
- Donald Trump Saved Big Ten Football and Joined Clay Travis to ... ›
- Outkick's Clay Travis Accused WaPo of 'Fake News." - Louder With ... ›
- Clay Travis of "In Boobs we Trust" Nails ESPN for Clear Leftist Bias ... ›
- A'ja Wilson Slams WNBA Pay Discrepancy, Clay Travis Explains Math ›
- Clay Travis Points Out Media Hypocrisy on Visiting the White House ... ›
- Clay Travis Doubles Down on "First Amendment and Boobs" in Epic ... ›
- HERO: Clay Travis on CNN Says "I believe in the First Amendment ... ›
- Liberal Darling Valerie Plame Goes Full Anti-Semite! Um, Media ... ›
- Liberal Media Freaks Over 'Violent' GIF, Downplays ACTUAL ... ›
- Top 5 Biggest Lies From Liberal Media Journalists - Louder With ... ›
- KARMA? Liberal Media Outlets Suffer MAJOR Layoffs, Labor Cuts ... ›
- Orlando Shooting: Everything Wrong With the Liberal Media ... ›
- British Comedian BRILLIANTLY Mocks Liberal Media's Hatred of ... ›
- Tim Pool Uncut: Social Media's Liberal Bias - Louder With Crowder ›
- The My Pillow Guy Is Making Surgical Masks ... and the Media Is ... ›
- Piers Morgan: Liberal Media DOESN'T CARE About Muslims ... ›
- Media Says Calling COVID-19 "Wuhan" is Racist, So Here's a ... ›
- Wake Up to O.J. Simpson Sharing His Thoughts About Wednesday's Capitol Events - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video Reminds Us When Liberals and the Media Supported Political Violence in 2020 - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bank of America Sharing Private Customer Info to FBI: Report - Louder With Crowder ›
- 'The Simpsons' Creator Speaks Out Against Replacing White Voice Actors for Minority Cartoon Characters - Louder With Crowder ›
- Clay Travis' Bad News for Liberals: 75%+ of Sports Fans AREN'T Woke and He Explains Why Not ›
- HERO: Clay Travis on CNN Says "I believe in the First Amendment and Boobs." Yes, Really! - Louder With Crowder ›
- O.J. Simpson Blasts LeBron and Media, Defends Police Saving Girl from Being Stabbed. Yes, THAT O.J. Simpson - Louder With Crowder ›
- Oh Thank God! O.J. Simpson Has Endorsed Liz Cheney for GOP Leadership - Louder With Crowder ›
- CBS News: Who Freaking Cares About Liz Cheney? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Prince Harry Calls First Amendment 'Bonkers' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Clay Travis Advises Woman Whose Husband Refuses to Mask Off - Louder With Crowder ›
- Debunking Corporate Wokeness! The TRUTH ! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Democrat Says She'll Celebrate July Fourth by Watching Jan 6 - Louder With Crowder ›
- Media Sings Praises of Convicted Felon Michael Avenatti - Louder With Crowder ›