Chris Christie "Fat-Shames" Himself on Tonight Show
UPDATE: Axios is reporting on a potential Chris Christie presidential run in 2024. Here he is from the last time he was considering running.
Let's set aside the fact that socialist Ben & Jerry's is for RINOs and that all real tea party conservatives know Breyer's Peppermint Cookie is the best ice cream in the world. What's important here is how Christie is a master at connecting with non-political audiences in non-political ways. Regardless of policies, all other Conservatives should take note.
Is he wrong on some of the issues? Yes, very much so. Does he have a great record as governor? Meh.If either of those things mattered, President Obama would still be a back bencher trying to get people to pay attention to him in the Senate, and nowhere near the White House. If people don't like you in the first place and don't think you like them, none of the other crap matters. Christie is so good at this, he even fielded a question at a town hall meeting just because he knew it would set up a bit with Jimmy Fallon. If there's one thing we at LwC appreciate, it's a good bit.
He's also comfortable enough in his own skin to be self-deprecating, which is always a crowd pleaser. And before you say "AND HE HAS SO MUCH OF HIS OWN SKIN," go sit in the corner and don't come back until you have an original fat joke. FunDip Dan would be ashamed.
Will Chris Christie play in the Republican primaries? Who the hell knows. But it would be helpful if the other candidates learned how to play with non-partisan audiences instead of only pandering to the usual echo chambery, hyper-partisan audiences who demand their exclusive love and attention. It's getting a little too "Fatal Attraction."
- Kristi Noem Unloads Over Lockdowns: 'COVID Didn't Crush the ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Scolds CNN Reporter Questioning Vaccine Rollout ... ›
- It's On! David Hogg Decrees Ron DeSantis Must Be Defeated ... ›
- FL Senate Passes Anti-Riot Bill, Awaits DeSantis' Signature - Louder ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Debunks Liberal 'Racist' ID Claims w/ Joe Rogan ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Goes Thug Life on 60 Minutes: 'Horse Manure ... ›
- Ted Cruz Gives Passionate Speech on Defending Liberty - Louder ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Jumps to Rumble After YouTube Removes Video ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Goes Thug Life on 60 Minutes: 'Horse Manure,' 'There's Gonna Be Consequences' - Louder With Crowder ›