Chicago Mayor Sets Rules for Who Interviews Her: No White Reporters
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is approaching the halfway mark of her first term. An intrepid reporter would have tons to ask her about. The Chicago teachers' union that refused to work but had to dance. Violent streets being what Chicago is most known for other than overrated pizza and looting. The mayor's IDIOTIC police reform claiming cops had to ask perps for "permission" before chasing them. An intrepid reporter COULD ask her about all this. But not if the reporter is white.
According to local reporters, the mayor is saying she'll ONLY talk to black and brown people.
As @chicagosmayor reaches her two year midway point as mayor, her spokeswoman says Lightfoot is granting 1 on 1 interviews – only to Black or Brown journalists," [NBC 5 Chicago political reporter Mary Ann ] Ahern tweeted."
I was told the same thing," WTTW Chicago Tonight anchor and correspondent Paris Schutz reacted to Ahern's tweet.
"I can confirm," Chicago politics reporter Heather Cherone similarly tweeted.
Let's just accept "imagine the reaction if a white mayor said this" into the official record.
Lightfoot's team says "only black and brown" reporters, but ten bucks say they judge reporters not but the color of their skin but by the content of their questions. The mayor only wants people to ask her how it feels to be amazing and wonderful. If Lawrence Jones, Jason Whitlock, or Eric July were scheduling the interview, there would be another excuse why the mayor wouldn't speak to them. Or the mayor's office would just say "no Uncle Toms either." Since the mayor's office isn't afraid to hide the racism.
That's the more offensive part. It's one thing if the mayor HAPPENED to only speak to black or brown people. People can claim it was a mere coincidence. Her office — her GOVERNMENT OFFICE — is straight-up saying so out loud. The official policy is no white reporters. That's the shocking part.
Least shocking is the number of white reporters who are probably okay with it.
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
- Crappy Mothers Rejoice, Now Your Son can be a Disney Princess ... ›
- Myth BUSTED: The Gun Show 'Loophole' is a Giant Distraction ... ›
- Woman Makes Serious Money Acting Like a 'Kinky' Dog - Louder ... ›
- Police Casualties, People Killed During 'Peaceful Protests' - Louder ... ›
- Jen Psaki Defends Kamala Harris Not Visiting the Border Yet ... ›
- Chicago Teachers Union Won't Teach, Explained Through Dance ... ›
- SHOW NOTES: CDC & Teachers' Union Corruption EXPOSED! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Reporter Sues Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot for Discrimination - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jen Psaki: 'It Was a Private Phone Call' - Louder With Crowder ›
- CDC Busted Changing School Mask Guidance to Appease Unions - Louder With Crowder ›