California Suddenly Lifts Stay-at-Home Order. Why Now?
To quote philosopher Bray Wyatt, "The wolf will never lose sleep worrying about the feelings of sheep. But no one ever told the sheep that they outnumber the wolves." Keep that in the back of your noggin. I'll circle back to it in a second.
California has been known to have some of the most stringent COVID restrictions in the county. There's an argument about how much those restrictions actually followed the science. But Governor Gavin Newsom mandated state-at-home orders throughout the state. Until Monday, when suddenly those orders were lifted.
California officials lifted regional coronavirus stay-at-home orders across the state on Monday, a change that could allow restaurants and businesses in many counties to reopen outdoor dining and other services.
All counties will return to the colored tier system that assigns local risk levels based on case numbers and rates of positive test results for coronavirus infections.
The governor announced the regional stay-at-home orders on Dec. 3 in an effort to reduce the strain on hospitals as case numbers surged.
A more cynical mind would question the timing. Five days after Donald Trump is no longer president, California and its "experts" suddenly say people can get their lives back. I would never imply that. I also would never dream of questioning the CDC guidelines. Other more cynical minds, maybe. But not this guy.
I am however of the cynical mind that this could, maybe, allegedly, quite possibly, is at least in the realm of possibility that it might be related to the effort to recall Gavin Newsom.
Monday, California lifts its stay-at-home guidelines. In the 72 hours or so before, California said the data it based decisions on was too confusing for little people to understand. It also fell in the LAST place when it comes to giving out vaccines. Now suddenly, within three days there was enough of a turnaround to where people can leave their homes and dine elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, great news for Californians! I'm sure they're all as happy as pigs in shit that litters the streets of San Francisco.
I just can't help but wonder IF the people getting fed up with the governor are why he had a sudden change of heart. I also can't help wondering what other governors would do if the people started speaking up and working to recall them. It's amazing what the people are able to accomplish when enough of them work together to push back against elected officials. The proverbial "wolves" in the analogy.
But that's just me thinking out loud. Something I'm freer to do, say, in a newsletter free you should totally sign up for today.
Time for an Explanation... youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- CA Health Secretary Admits Real Reason for Outdoor Dining Ban ... ›
- California Wants to Add 1% Surcharge on Restaurant Bills to ... ›
- Trump Cuts California Health Care Funds Over Abortion - Louder ... ›
- California Supreme Court Rejects Catholic Group's Challenge. Says ... ›
- Moronic California Votes to Become a Sanctuary STATE - Louder ... ›
- WHOA! Massive Hepatitis Outbreak in California… - Louder With ... ›
- Purposefully Exposing People to HIV is No Longer a Felony in ... ›
- California Church Defies Gavin Newsom, Will Assemble Anyway ... ›
- CALIFORNIA: Bank Robber May Also be Charged with 'Cultural ... ›
- In California, It's Worse to Misgender Someone Than Infect Them ... ›
- Southwest Pilot Goes on In-Flight Anti-San Francisco Rant: 'F*** this place! Liberal f***s!' - Louder With Crowder ›