WNBA coach is pissed and confused why it wasn't a sellout for Brittney Griner's return: "C'mon, LA"
A WNBA coach is upset that Brittney Griner's return didn't sell the arena out and wants to know why. One would think it has something to do with the word "WNBA," yet here we are.
Los Angeles Sparks player Brittney Griner was arrested in Russia when she was caught with marijuana. Reefer. Because she was both African-American and LGBTQ, a deal was made to trade her for someone called "The Merchant of Death." Seriously, the black and gay thing was what the Biden Admin and their acolytes promoted as to why we should praise them. Side note, Russia is laughing at us.
Griner returned to the court yesterday with special guest Kamala Harris. Over 10,000 fans showed up for a team who only averaged 5600 fans a game last season. While anyone in the WNBA should be thrilled that a single game doubled their usual attendance, Phoenix Mercury coach Vanessa Nygaard head coach found it problematic.
Phoenix Mercury head coach wants to know why Brittney Griner’s debut didn’t sell out the arena 👀
“How was it not a sellout?” pic.twitter.com/YlQtF9utrA
— Sportsville (@Sportsville_) May 20, 2023
We didn’t sell out the arena for BG? Like, I expected more, you know, to be honest. Right, it was great, it was loud. But how was it not a sellout? How was it not a sellout.
To put the 10,000+ in comparison, here's what attendance for a typical WNBA game looks like:
Topless pro-choice protestors run onto court at WNBA game
— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) June 8, 2022
It was not a sellout because it is the WNBA and no matter how hard the media tries, they can't make people care about the WNBA. That includes WOMEN who you would think would be thrilled they had their own basketball league. Yet...
Hey Siri, what was that Bill Burr said about the WNBA?
“Ladies, if you could just support the WNBA the way you support a fat chick that’s proud of her body, and is no longer a threat to you, that league would be doing better numbers than the NBA.”
-Bill Burr. Bruh 💀 pic.twitter.com/RCEs4qI9AP
— 💔 | He/is/I & I/am/Him (@damnjwhatyousay) July 13, 2022
We gave you a f*cking league and none of you showed up. Where are all the feminists? That place should be packed with feminists--faces painted, wearing jerseys, flashing their t*tties--going f*cking nuts like the guys do in the upper deck."
There are fewer people who know what a Brittney Griner is than there are who know what a WNBA is. Hence, there wasn't a sellout.
Side note: Paul Whelan, the Marine who is imprisoned in Russia over false charges of espionage? He's still there.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- LOL: Coach impersonates 13-year-old basketball player, absolutely WRECKS all the high school competition ›
- Watch: CNN is bothered by TV ads promoting Jesus, so they investigate them as a right-wing conspiracy ›
- Watch: Girl has a nutty, is ready to fight entire crowded train car over being told she can't vape ›
- Watch: CNN contributor disembowels Randi Weingarten over the "generational damage" her lockdown policies did to our kids ›
- Randi Weingarten tries rewriting history of her teachers' union thuggery during pandemic, gets DESTROYED by fact-checkers ›
- WATCH TODAY'S SHOW! EPSTEIN PRIVATE CALENDAR RELEASED: CIA WAS INVITED?! ›
- Watch: Bill Burr Desecrates Feminism, Fat Pride, and the WNBA in Sixty Seconds ›
- Randi Weingarten's garbage tweet about Brittney Griner-Merchant of Death trade belongs in virtue signaling hall of fame ›
- Brittney Griner Swapped for World's Most Dangerous Man ›