FACEBOOK LIES? Leaked Docs Reveal Employees Manipulate 'Facebook Trending'...
Wow, so much has happened with Facebook this week. Here's a quick refresher:
- It was recently alleged that conservative sites are being selectively targeted for editing on Facebook Trending, their news trending site (on the right side of your desktop while you're viewing your timeline).
- Even in the face of a growing pool of proof against them, Facebook insists that they have special algorithms to decide what trends and what doesn't.
- Mark Zuckerberg himself came out in defense of Facebook's practices.
- But word on the street is "algorithms" really means some dudes in the back who curate their favorite news (hint: it doesn't include Conservative thought). Yep, Facebook is sticking to a narrative that claims there's nothing fishy going on with how news trends on their website.
- NOW this NEW information potentially PROVES that Facebook has been misleading (or simply incorrect) about those alleged algorithms:
Leaked documents show how Facebook relies on old-fashioned news values on top of its algorithms to determine what the hottest stories will be. [It] shows that the company relies heavily on a small editorial team to determine what makes its "trending module" headlines.
The guidelines show human intervention - and therefore editorial decisions - at almost every stage of Facebook's trending news operation, a team that at one time was as few as 12 people.
Hmmm... Contrast that with Facebook's Tom Stocky, the man responsible for "Trending Topics" who made this statement earlier this week:
Facebook is a platform for people and perspectives from across the political spectrum. There are rigorous guidelines in place for the review team to ensure consistency and neutrality. These guidelines do not permit the suppression of political perspectives. Nor do they permit the prioritization of one viewpoint over another or one news outlet over another. These guidelines do not prohibit any news outlet from appearing in Trending Topics.
Oh really? Check this out:
Again, read the rest of the "Guidelines" here. I guess now is about the time that we point out Tom is a major donor to Hillary Clinton. Also, that the current financial issue over which I've filed a legal motion has still received zero response.
This has only confirmed a longtime suspicion arising behind the scenes stemming from a financial matter with Facebook. Plus Mark Zuckerberg is obsessed with silencing dissenting viewpoints, as revealed when he said as much to Angela Merkel. Read more about how Facebook allegedly blacklisted me here.
But this isn't just about Facebook blacklisting certain stories or websites. It goes way beyond that. I recently filed a legal motion against Facebook that you can view in full here. LwC's lawyer explains it in detail about it below.
This is a request for information. For a while here, you [Steven Crowder] tried to reach out individually before I got involved. Then we were getting rebuffed time and time again. So you decided to see if we could open up a line of communication about the problem that we're facing; on this billing issue, this mishandling of payments [to Facebook]. Even after sending emails and request, even after being told "make sure to contact the legal department," it's kind of embarrassing, but we're still not getting any answers. Even to this day.
When we were looking at this as a billing issue we thought "well, they're a big company, maybe it's just a clerical error. Why would Facebook want to go after a particular account like this?" Then when you listen to all the reasons that have come out recently this week, revealing more facts, it does lend you think this is the answer to why to the billing issues were happening.
As you can see, Facebook hates me (ALLEGEDLY). Despite multiple friendly inquiries behind the scenes (and checks), we've still gotten the cold shoulder. But don't worry, it's not just us. Facebook has come under a slew of questions from tons of platforms recently. They still haven't given any answers. Real answers, that is. As in not lies.
You're going to want to stay tuned as this all plays out. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter in case Facebook craps out on us.
- Former Facebook Executive Demands Reducing Audience of 'Conservative Influencers' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Facebook Insider Leak Alleges Censorship Support - Louder With Crowder ›
- Steven Crowder's Lawyer Explains Why He's Suing Facebook - Louder With Crowder ›
- Project Veritas Confronts Facebook, Gets BLOCKED on Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›