Federal Judge Blocks Biden's 100-Day Pause on Deportations
Joe Biden made immigration, legal and otherwise, a major part of his campaign. It was to contrast with President Trump, who was very devoutly against illegal immigration. One of Biden's perceived "gaffes" during the campaign trail was calling DREAMers more "American" than most American students. President Biden had planned a 100-day halt to most deportations. A federal judge on Tuesday told him "no."
U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton issued a preliminary injunction sought by Texas, which argued the moratorium violated federal law and risked imposing additional costs on the state. Tipton, a Trump appointee, initially ruled on Jan. 26 that the moratorium violated federal law on administrative procedure and that the U.S. failed to show why a deportation pause was justified. A temporary restraining order the judge issued was set to expire Tuesday.
Tipton's ruling did not require deportations to resume at their previous pace.
This could be awkward timing for the president's agenda. He had proposed a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants that even members of his own party are pushing back on. Also on Tuesday, reporters started questioning his plan to detain children at the border, calling it similar to President Trump's "kids in cages."
No word yet on if Biden plans to appeal the ruling.
YOUTUBE CAPTIONS CONFIRMS BIDEN SAID THE N WORD! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Joe Biden Compares Republicans to Nazis, and CNN's 'Fact ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Drops Epic Nickname for Joe Biden: 'Lockdowner ... ›
- Joe Biden Asked a Reporter if He Does Cocaine - Louder With ... ›
- Joe Biden on "To Catch a Predator" (Parody) - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden's Brother Caught Partying Maskless with Floyd Mayweather ›
- Joe Biden Says Amazon Doesn't Pay Taxes, Gets Fact Checked by ... ›
- Hunter Biden's rumored recent activities are troubling - TheBlaze ›
- Jen Psaki Challenged on Biden Putting Migrant Kids in Cages ... ›
- Biden/Harris campaign ignites controversy over conflicting stance ... ›