Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
May 18, 2021
Biden Wants to Surveil Soldier Social Media Pages, Use Private Firms to 'Circumvent' First Amendment
The Democrats who control Joe Biden have been chirping about a "domestic war on terror" since January 6 and even before that while ignoring all the domestic violence their side was committing all throughout 2020. Leftists claim their concern is "extremism," then declare any opinion they disagree with to be "extreme." Unfortunately for them (yet good for Americans), the Bill of Rights makes it difficult for them to surveil anyone they determine to be a "domestic threat." So they use private companies to get around pesky First Amendment issues. This now, according to reports, includes our military. That's right. The Biden administration is concerned that our armed service members maybe a little too "extreme" and wants to monitor what they say on social media.
Per the Intercept, the Pentagon is working on a program to do just that.
An extremism steering committee led by Bishop Garrison, a senior adviser to the secretary of defense, is currently designing the social media screening pilot program, which will "continuously" monitor military personnel for "concerning behaviors," according to a Pentagon briefing in late March. Although in the past the military has balked at surveilling service members for extremist political views due to First Amendment protections, the pilot program will rely on a private surveillance firm in order to circumvent First Amendment restrictions on government monitoring, according to a senior Pentagon official.
A spokesman for the House Armed Services Committee claims to believe this will only be used for background checks and vetting security clearance. Though they did add the following:
Secretary [of Defense Lloyd] Austin has been clear about his intentions to understand to what extent extremism exists in the force and its effect on good order and discipline.
Your level of concern is probably indexed to your level of cynicism toward the government's "honesty" and "trustworthiness." Mine is high on both counts. But there is a bigger problem, assuming the report is accurate. The people whose job it is to send soldiers into combat don't trust the soldiers they send into combat. Or, at the very least, need to make sure they don't hold opposing viewpoints.
The left will claim their only concern is "extreme" opinions, implying they're looking for traitors and anarchists. We'll see how quickly that becomes soldiers who question climate policy, disagree with POTUS on the Second Amendment, or think that boys are boys and girls are girls.
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
From Your Site Articles
- Jill Biden's SuperBowl Ad Uses Dogs to Guilt You About Masks ... ›
- Donald Trump Unloads on Joe Biden's Border Crisis - Louder With ... ›
- Pelosi Blames Border Crisis on Donald Trump, Climate Change ... ›
- Ted Cruz Releases Photos, Video of Border Crisis - Louder With ... ›
- Biden Admin Hints at Restarting Border Wall Construction? - Louder ... ›
- Biden Admin Orders Border Patrol to Deny All Press Requests ... ›
- Border Chief Refuses to Comply with Biden Admin Orders - Louder ... ›
- Biden Official Supports Taxing You for Driving Your Car - Louder ... ›
- Biden Admin Considering Cash Transfer to Fix Border Crisis ... ›
- Biden DHS Has a Plan to Protect Kids from 'Misinformation' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Biden Budget: Pay Central America to Combat Border Crisis - Louder With Crowder ›
- Psychology Major: Trashing the First Amendment Would Be Fine - Louder With Crowder ›
- USAF Whistleblower Alleges Spec Ops School Lowered Standards - Louder With Crowder ›