In Wake of School Shooting, These Republican Congressmen Are Signaling Support for an Assault Weapons Ban
There was always going to be a Republican or two who would go squishy before midterms. Many RINOs in Congress are looking at difficult races this November, and with the recent shootings around the nation, gun control has found its way to the top of the list of talking points. In a bid to win over their constituents, they were going to nod along with calls to ban AR-15s.
Representative Chris Jacobs of New York is one of these squishy, unprincipled dregs. He went on record saying he would vote for a bill banning access to AR-15s if the bill came to the floor.
According to Hot Air, Jacobs also "called for raising the minimum age for buying certain weapons to 21, banning high-capacity magazines, and prohibiting the sale of body armor to civilians." Not only does he not want you to be able to defend yourself with a firearm, but he doesn't want you passively defending yourself by wearing body armor.
In addition to Jacobs, the ever-annoying Adam Kinzinger also went on CNN and said he's open to a ban on AR-15s, now.
Adam Kinzinger: "I have opposed a ban [on AR-15s] fairly recently. I think I'm open to a ban now." pic.twitter.com/gF54DPW5Z6
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 29, 2022
Now, let's get something straight. If someone is intent on committing murder, I don't think they're going to care about illegally obtaining a firearm, regardless of what type it is. Also, we cannot forget, the entire argument for banning AR-15s and other similarly styled weapons is predicated on the argument that they kill far more people, but more people are murdered by handguns each year than any form of rifle. Slippery slope or not--allowing these gun-grabbing egomaniacs to ban AR-15s is just one step closer to making an argument for confiscating handguns, too.
But then again, politicians don't seem to care about all the black people shot each weekend in Chicago. They just care about pushing their preferred policies, not doing anything that would actually solve a problem. Can't have that!
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
The REAL Stats on Gun Crime and Race | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Florida's 'Red Flag' Gun Control Law Resulting in Unjust ... ›
- Children's Book Uses 3 Little Pigs to Explain Gun Control - Louder ... ›
- Rebuttal: Vox's 'Gun Control' Propaganda Video Debunked ... ›
- WOW: New Report Reveals Just How Badly Australia's Gun Ban ... ›
- Joe Rogan Blasts Hollywood's Hypocrisy on Gun Control - Louder ... ›
- "Common Sense" Gun Control Lies Exposed - Louder With Crowder ›
- Top 5 Gun Control Myths Debunked! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Commonsense Gun Control Is Nonsense: Change My Mind - Louder ... ›
- Texas School Shooting TRAGEDY: What Needs to be Done ... ›
- Justin Trudeau's Handgun Ban PROVES American Exceptionalism! - Louder With Crowder ›