It’s official – Carly Fiorina has thrown her hat in the ring for the GOP Presidential nomination. Between her and Dr. Ben Carson’s entry into the field today, the GOP team is officially as diverse as its ever been. White, Hispanic, Black, and a female. And most of them are (relatively) young! And all the Dems have got is one old white lady.
So you’ve probably seen Carly Fiorina on FoxNews, but do you really know who she is? You’re about to…
1. Former President of Hewlett-Packard. Yes, the tech mogul HP. Fiorina’s career started out as many other women’s do, as a secretary. From secretary, she worked her way up to one of the most powerful women in the world, as the first female leader of a Fortune 50 business.
2. She’s not a politician. Though she’s run for office before, Carly Fiorina’s never served in the public sector. So you know Carly doesn’t burden all of the dirt, leverage and power that lobbyists and beltway insiders have over the other candidates. She can’t be bought and sold.
3. Carly Fiorina is a cancer survivor. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009, Fiorina underwent a double mastectomy. And she kicked cancer’s butt. That’s right cancer… whassup?
4. She loves helping people. She’s the Chairman of Opportunity International, which has helped millions of people out of poverty by providing global financial services to the poor. She’s also the Chairman of Good360, the world’s largest product philanthropy organization. Compared to The Clinton Foundation’s 10%… 99.7% of all donations received by Good360 go directly to charitable recipients. Talk about contrast.
5. Her mom gives epic advice. “What you are is God’s gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God.” Who wouldn’t want that philosophy from First Mom? No wonder her daughter has been so successful!